The top My Best Buddy Media info-tweets over the last 6 months. A collection of helpful web sites in the categories of health, education, and consumer. Twitter: @JerryDeLuca
1) Save money.....pharmacies bid for your prescription....it takes some time but worth it ........http://www.bidrx.com/
2) Find doctors in your city....All specialties and conditions.......http://www.zocdoc.com/
3) No health insurance? This may help......https://www.healthinreach.com/
4) MDJunction is an active center for Online Support Groups.....http://www.mdjunction.com/
5) Social networking health site....share your condition....treatment....symptom information...http://www.patientslikeme.com/
6) Can't Sleep? 20 Natural Tips to Stop Tossing & Turning http://bit.ly/NG2s7x
7) Foods - Low Pesticide Levels: Onions; Sweet Corn; Pineapples; Avocado; Asparagus; Sweet Peas; Mangoes; Eggplant; Cantaloupe; Cabbage; Kiwi.
8) Foods - High Pesticide Levels: Apples; Celery; Strawberries; Peaches; Spinach; Nectarines; Grapes; Bell Peppers; Potatoes; Lettuce; Blueberries
9) Sonic Strawberry Smoothie – have 5 Twinkies instead. Less sugar!
10) Shocker......McDonald's Fruit & Maple Oatmeal – have a Snickers bar instead. It contains less sugar!!
11) Older adults potentially harmful meds.... http://www.americangeriatrics.org/files/documents/beers/2012AGSBeersCriteriaCitations.pdf …
12) Generic drugs are much cheaper. However, there are web sites like http://GoodRx.com that will tell you the best prices in your area.
13) Should you crowdsource your medical problems? http://www.slate.com/id/2270169?tid=sm_tw_button_chunky
14) Discounted lodging for travelling cancer patients.....1,900 options.....includes some free apartments....http://www.joeshouse.org/
15) Advocating on behalf of the chronically ill....medical records.....insurance....disability....http://advocacyforpatients.org/
1) This site helps student loan borrowers learn about two new federal loan and forgiveness programs.... http://www.ibrinfo.org/
2) Free online tutoring for kids.....Grades 1 - 8.....350 videos....http://www.tutorgiant.com/
3) 3 best student aid sites:
http://meritaid.com , http://finaid.org , http://fafsa.ed.gov
4) Best math apps: Math Doodles, Marble Math, Mathemagics, Hungry Fish, Rocket Math, Jungle Coins, Wings, and Fractions Game.
5) Rankings and reviews of US colleges by students....collegeprowler.com/
6) Finding a college....learning about careers....financial aid.......http://.collegeboard.org/
7) Top-notch online university-level courses for free. Check out the sites at The Saylor Foundation and University of the People.
8) Big schools offer SOME free online courses. They include: Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Duke, California Inst Tech, Johns Hopkins U.
9) Have a great education? Why not mentor disadvantaged youth online?....NEW YORK area..... http://www.imentor.org/
10) National....Have a great education? Why not mentor disadvantaged youth online?..... www.icouldbe.org
1) Digital subscriptions to 42 magazines for $10 a month.....http://www.nextissue.com/
2) Get out of your cell phone contract....or opt in and save big.....http://www.celltradeusa.com/
3) Amazing free online photo manipulation ...... http://fotoflexer.com/
4) Discover how easily you can swap out of your old contract or swap into a new short term contract. http://www.cellswapper.com/
5) "Foodspotting": the number one app for global restaurant dishes with 2 million photos, reviews, and recommendations.
6) Clean up your inbox with unroll.me and http://sanebox.com
7) Over 39,000 free e-books available (http://gutenberg.org ) for Apple, Android and Kindle. Barnes & Noble and Amazon offer a wide selection.
8) Get a good overview and tips on a variety of scams and frauds.......http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud …
9) Cut your cell phone bill in half .........http://www.straighttalk.com/
10) Better than banks for a lot of reasons......asmarterchoice.org
11) Kid's cell phone with parental controls and GPS !! ......kajeet.com
12) Empower people to rise above poverty.....Shop at..... https://www.krochetkids.org/
13) http://HUD.gov .....quality affordable homes for all......protecting consumers.....quality affordable rental homes
14) Best site.....find your family's missing, lost, and unclaimed property, money and assets....www.missingmoney.com.
15) Outstanding site for women: http://wife.org . Divorce and widowhood, finances, taxes, retirement, etc......
16) http://Farecompare.com : the best time to buy your ticket for lower prices: Tuesday at 3:00 PM. The least expensive day to fly: Wednesday.
17) Save a ton of money on car trips all across America.
http://Zimride.com arranges “ridesharing” for people needing a seat or offering....
18) Need to borrow something from a neighbor for a one time use? http://Snapgoods.com and http://neighborrow.com will link you to your neighbor.
19) Trade items with 500,000 swappers at http://swap.com . There are about 1.5 million items to choose from.
20) The TrueEarnings card from American Express and Costco is among the most generous, giving you 3% cash back for gas, 2% at restaurants, etc
Photo: Rosaura Ochoa (flickr)